If you need care with urgent and immediate effect please call your local branch where one of our trained advisors will be happy to help you to try and solve your problems.
I need care urgently
Any change can trigger the need for urgent care: The person for whom you need care may have had a fall, a condition may have worsened, or existing care arrangements can simply be disrupted.
Caring for someone can be a full-time job and, like any job, you sometimes need to take a break.
You may feel guilty or apprehensive about taking a break from the person you are looking after. However, it is important to remember that if you go too long without taking a proper break, you may become ill, anxious or depressed. This can make life more difficult for you and the person you are caring for.
We understand how difficult sudden change can be and we do our best to be there for you, helping to fill the gap with trained, skilled and compassionate carers sent directly to a person’s own home with as little disruption to routines as possible.
We can come to help for as long or as little as you need us.
We can also:
- Help to maintain independence by providing care within a person’s own home
- Work closely with the family to provide care
- Send a carer into a person’s own home when they have come out of hospital or are recovering from an illness
- Fill in when there’s a gap in family care arrangements
What kind of care do we provide?
- We shop, cook and serve meals
- We can be there for a chat and a cup of tea- general companionship
- We carry out general domestic duties such as cleaning, bed-making and laundry
- We help with bedtime and getting up in the morning
- Escorting to appointments
- We are there to assist in the bathroom, including shaving and continence
- We can help with medication
Our staff are flexible to carry out other daily tasks that the service user may struggle to deal with.