Top 12 Kare Plus moments of 2015
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2015 | News
As highlighted at our recent Network Meeting, 2015 has been a fantastic year of growth here at Kare Plus. We’ve had new branches, more awards and reached new milestones. To celebrate, we have collated our best moments to reflect and build on over 2016.
1) Great British Care Awards – At the recent regional rounds of the Great British Care Awards, the Kare Plus network scooped not one, but two awards for the services we provide. Wolverhampton’s Angie Mason was crowned West Midlands Registered Care Manager of the Year and Kare Plus Cheshire won North West Home Care Coordinator of the Year. Both will now be moving on to the national awards in 2016.
2) New Kare Plus branches – Good news spreads fast, and clearly people have been hearing about the brilliant care and services Kare Plus has to offer. The number of branches in the network has swelled significantly over the last twelve months to 57 branches, with more to be unveiled in very early 2016.
3) Accelerated growth – Our rate of growth was so substantial in 2015, we have already established a pipeline for new businesses in 2016, with the earliest of these franchisees entering the network in February.
4) Care Quality Commission registrations – The Kare Plus network has gained nine new registrations with the CQC, demonstrating the high quality of care and staff that we strive to offer on a daily basis.
5) Gold standard De Poel supplier – The UK’s leading independent expert in managing the supply of temporary staff, De Poel awarded its first gold standard recognition to Kare Plus in July 2015 – only joined by two other recruitment agencies since. Again, this is another testament to the quality of staff and care that we provide.
6) Third West Midlands supported living home – Kare Plus Wolverhampton has opened a third supported living home, capable of helping six more residents live as full a life as possible in a supported environment. Not only does this benefit Wolverhampton’s care service users, but it’s also a big step in helping the Kare Plus network expand its young supported living department.
7) Most successful month ever – November was the best month in Kare Plus history for candidate recruitment. We recruited and placed 50% more candidates in those 30 days than any other month of the year.
8) Launched a brand new website – Back in September, the brand new Kare Plus website went live. One of the biggest overhauls was the information provided about each of our branches, making it easier for our customers to understand the care we provide and where they can turn to access it.
9) Launched Kare Plus Permanent Recruitment – Sticking with the recruitment theme for November, we also launched our Permanent Recruitment department. In the six weeks since, we have placed everything from Nurses to Area Managers and everything in between to some of the country’s largest healthcare providers. Looking forward to 2016, the department will be growing to help place more approved care industry workers throughout the UK.
10) New Head Office – For the first time in Kare Plus’ 26 year history, HQ is moving to a new, bigger office. Due to expanding departments and increased staff numbers, the new office has been required to maintain and grow our high quality services.
11) New Operations Director – With an ever-increasing company network, Dominic Rothwell joined the company with a lifetime of experience in the healthcare industry behind him; as a practicing nurse, healthcare industry consultant and operations director at multiple organisations. Since joining Kare Plus July, Dominic has been integral in streamlining processes and creating a new Franchise Advisory Committee, helping branches air views and resolve issues to help improve customer experience.
12) The potential for an even bigger 2016 – As we now look forward to the next 12 months, the whole network will continue to provide the quality care that is becoming synonymous with Kare Plus to help the UK healthcare industry continue to develop into a world leading standard; through continual staff development, growth and, perhaps most importantly, care for everyone involved within the company.