Kare Plus HQ Walk, Run or Cycle 150k to raise funds for Breast Cancer Now
Thursday, September 9th, 2021 | Uncategorized
At Kare Plus HQ, we will be walking, running or cycling 150k over 3 weeks to raise funds for Breast Cancer Now.
Breast Cancer Now are a charity that's steered by world-class research and powered by life-changing care. They're here for anyone affected by breast cancer, the whole way through, providing support for today and hope for the future.
Our HQ team are working together to reach our goal by Wear It Pink day on Friday 22nd October 2021.
You can follow our fundraising efforts and donate to help us reach our target by visting our JustGiving page here: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/kare-plushq
In addition to the fundraising taking place, between now and the end of October we will be sharing stories in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. #SharingStories
Do you know the symptoms of breast cancer?
Signs and symptoms of breast cancer include:
- A lump or swelling in the breast, upper chest or armpit
- A change to the skin, such as puckering or dimpling
- A change in the colour of the breast - the breast may look red or inflamed
- A nipple change, for example it has become pulled in (inverted)
- Rash or crusting around the nipple
- Unusual liquid (discharge) from either nipple
- Changes in size or shape of the breast
On its own, pain in your breasts is not usually a sign of breast cancer. But look out for pain in your breast or armpit that's there all or almost all the time.
Although rare, med can get breast cancer. The most common symptom of breast cancer in men is a lump in the chest area.