Kare Plus COVID-19 Key Update
Tuesday, March 17th, 2020 | News
Kare Plus COVID-19 Key update
What we are doing to support you
We are writing to offer you re-assurance during what we realise is a very challenging and difficult time for you, your staff and your customers.
The current pandemic outbreak of COVID-19 and increased government measures are now substantially impacting not only our entire sector, but the whole of the country. Here at Kare Plus, we believe we are well placed to ensure the evolving needs of our customers and clients are met.
Over the last 18 months, we have invested substantially in the ongoing development of our systems backed by an underpinning commitment to a plan of continuous and sustained investment in technology.
This approach has also allowed us to focus on increased training and personal development of our people, across all of our staffing types.
Below are just some of the measures we are taking to ensure continuity of service and outstanding provision of care and support, all designed to support and protect the safety of our staff and clients:
• We have introduced a support service whereby we can provide assistance, to those who are self-isolating this potentially includes your own staff, assisting them during periods of isolation, illness, and recovery, details of this service can be accessed via your local branch.
• We have issued all our branches and employees with guidelines on how to recognise symptoms, and how to maintain robust infection control practices. Should any staff experience symptoms, they have been told to remain isolated at home and follow current government advice either via 111 or recognised NHS online facilities. We continue to monitor for any updates and relay regular messages to our workforce accordingly.
• We have relocated our HQ functions and key operational staff including Directors, Regional Managers and support functions to work from home.
• Our phones operate on a VoIP system. This allows our supply staff (recruitment, customer service and placement advisors) to work from home, answering calls promptly, ensuring a seamless, un-interrupted service with the fast response that we know you need.
• Thanks to key improvements with our training and the recent introduction of our new training partners, we have been able to issue amongst the many courses offered, specifically tailored virus prevention modules to all staff, this allows us to ensure that our staff are all aware of best practices.
• We have also recently launched our Employee Mental Health Support Service in partnership with Able Futures, designed to recognise mental health issues such as health anxiety, stress etc, both work and non-work related. This service is available to all staff who are engaged with Kare Plus and ensures that our staff receive only the best advice and support available to help them cope with life’s challenges.
• As part of our recruitment strategy, we have the capability to offer interviews via a number of means and methods designed to suit the needs of potential applicants. As part of our on-going business contingency processes all face-to-face meetings and interviews will now be conducted by video conference or other means.
• We have taken the steps of stopping branch visits, rather choosing to engage with people via a number of alternative means ranging from phone calls to video conferencing. Please click here to see our Covid-19 Preparedness poster, please feel free to utilise as you require.
• Our Regional Support Managers are operating on a geographical hub basis from home, further supported by Directors and our Modern Matron, this ensures that key information and relevant practice updates are cascaded appropriately and in a timely manner as the current situation evolves.
We are reviewing our plans, in line with official government advice, every 48 hours.
We understand fully that this is potentially a time of great uncertainty for everyone, however, by using our mantra of being ‘stronger together’, we can protect our loved ones, our businesses, and most of all the people at the heart of all of our services.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation at this time.
Yvonne Tomlinson | Chief Executive Officer