How to recognise if your elderly parent needs care at home
Friday, July 13th, 2018 | Blog
As our parents age, it’s only natural that their physical and mental health will deteriorate slowly over time. For some, it can be difficult to cope with these changes and asking for help can feel too much of a burden to place on their family. That’s why it is important to monitor any changes which indicate that help may be needed, so they don’t need to ask.
We’ve outlined the following signs which could indicate that your elderly parent may need some level of care or support at home:
- Difficulty getting out of a chair
- Difficulty walking
- Unexplained bruises/injuries
- Weight loss
- Loss of interest in hobbies or activities they once enjoyed
- Low mood
- Aggressive or angry behaviour
- Mood swings
Changes around the home
- A cluttered house which is usually clean and tidy
- Unopened post
- Missed utility bills
- Rotting food in the fridge
- Unwashed dishes in the sink
- Missed appointments
- Misplacing keys
- Forgetting to take medication
- Confusion over simple tasks
We understand that it can be difficult for your parent to accept they need care at home. Kare Plus will help you talk to your parent about the level of care required and support you in introducing care in their home.
If you are interested in finding out more about how our homecare services can help you or your loved one, please give us a call on 01952 783333.